The Pittsburgh Pirates today released their 60-game regular season schedule for the 2020 season, which will feature the Bucs opening the season with a three-game series in St. Louis beginning on Friday, July 24. This will mark the 33rd time in Club history in which the Pirates will play the first game of the regular season against the Cardinals; the first time since 2016.
Following the season-opening series in St. Louis, the Pirates are scheduled to play the Milwaukee Brewers in the first game at PNC Park on Monday, July 27, at 7:05 p.m. It will mark the third time ever (first since 2005) in which the Pirates will host the Brewers in their Home Opener. The 7:05 first pitch time for Pittsburgh’s Home Opener will also mark the club’s first Home Opener at night since 2003 against Milwaukee (the originally scheduled game between the two teams that season was postponed due to inclement weather).
The Pirates’ 2020 Interleague schedule will include home games against each club from the American League Central with the exception of the Kansas City Royals. The Pirates will travel to Kauffman Stadium for a three-game series against the Royals for the first time since 2015.
Other highlights of the 2020 regular season schedule include:
- August 5 thru August 9: The Pirates will host the Twins (two games) and Tigers (three games) during a five-game interleague homestand.
- August 18 thru August 23: A six-game homestand will feature three games against the Cleveland Indians from August 18-20; the first visit to PNC Park for Cleveland since 2015.
- September 1 thru September 9: An eight-game homestand against the Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati Reds and Chicago White Sox.
- September 17 thru September 24: An eight-game homestand with four games apiece against St. Louis and the Cubs.
- September 25 thru September 27: The Pirates will close out the 2020 regular season campaign with a three-game series against the Indians in Cleveland.
— Pittsburgh Pirates Communications