RECORD WIDE RECEIVERS: 13 wide receivers were selected in the first two rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft, the most in the first two rounds in the common draft era. The previous record was 12 in the 2014 NFL Draft.
WIDE RECEIVERS SELECTED IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS OF THE 2020 NFL DRAFT
|Henry Ruggs||Alabama||Las Vegas||1 (12)|
|Jerry Jeudy||Alabama||Denver||1 (15)|
|CeeDee Lamb||Oklahoma||Dallas||1 (17)|
|Jalen Reagor||Texas Christian||Philadelphia||1 (21)|
|Justin Jefferson||LSU||Minnesota||1 (22)|
|Brandon Aiyuk||Arizona State||San Francisco||1 (25)|
|Tee Higgins||Clemson||Cincinnati||2 (33)|
|Michael Pittman Jr.||USC||Indianapolis||2 (34)|
|Laviska Shenault||Colorado||Jacksonville||2 (42)|
|K.J. Hamler||Penn State||Denver||2 (46)|
|Chase Claypool||Notre Dame||Pittsburgh||2 (49)|
|Van Jefferson||Florida||L.A. Rams||2 (57)|
|Denzel Mims||Baylor||N.Y. Jets||2 (59)|
THE TIDE & THE TIGERS: Alabama and LSU each saw seven players selected in the first two rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft, marking the fifth and sixth time that a single school has had seven players chosen in the first two rounds of a draft in the common draft era.
SCHOOLS WITH SEVEN PLAYERS CHOSEN IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS OF AN NFL DRAFT IN THE COMMON DRAFT ERA
Additionally, LSU’s 10 players selected in the first three rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft are tied with Ohio State (10 players in 2016) for the most by a single school in the first three rounds of a draft in the common draft era.
FOOTBALL IS FAMILY: Many of the prospects chosen in the 2020 NFL Draft have family members with NFL experience, including:
- DB TREVON DIGGS (Dallas, No. 51 overall): Brother of Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs.
- WR DEVIN DUVERNAY (Baltimore, No. 92): Cousin is 2019 No. 1 overall selection QB Kyler Murray.
- C MATT HENNESSY (Atlanta, No. 78): Brother of New York Jets long snapper Thomas Hennessy.
- T AUSTIN JACKSON (Miami, No. 18): Grandfather, Melvin, was a 12th round pick in 1976 and played 5 seasons.
- WR VAN JEFFERSON (Los Angeles Rams, No. 57): Father, Shawn, played WR for 13 seasons. Is currently the assistant head coach – offense and wide receivers coach of the New York Jets.
- TE COLE KMET (Chicago, No. 43): Father, Frank, was drafted by the Bills in the 1992 NFL Draft. His uncle, Jeff Zgonina, who played 17 seasons in the NFL, won Super Bowl XXXIV with St. Louis and is currently the assistant defensive line coach for the Redskins.
- RB ZACK MOSS (Buffalo, No. 86): Cousin of former NFL WRs Santana Moss (14 seasons) and Sinorice Moss (4 seasons).
- LB JULIAN OKWARA (Detroit, No. 67): Brother of Detroit Lions DE Romeo Okwara.
- WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. (Indianapolis, No. 34): Father, Michael, played RB for 11 seasons (Won Super Bowl XXXVII with TB).
- WR JALEN REAGOR (Philadelphia, No. 21): Father, Montae, played DL for 9 seasons (Won Super Bowl XLI with Colts).
- DB ANTOINE WINFIELD JR. (Tampa Bay, No. 45): Father, Antoine, was a 1st round pick of the Bills in 1999 and played 14 NFL seasons.
— NFL Communications