Earlier today, Major League Baseball released the 2020 regular season schedule. Please find some Yankees schedule notes and highlights below.
YANKEES 2020 SCHEDULE NOTES:
• Will open the season with their earliest-ever regular season calendar date for a home or away game (3/26 at Baltimore)…will open the season for the second straight year against Baltimore.
• Will have their first meetings against Boston with a three-game series from 5/8-10 at Yankee Stadium…other home matchups vs. Boston will take place from 7/24-26 and 9/8-10.
• Will face the White Sox in Dyersville, Iowa, on 8/13 in the first-ever Major League Baseball game played in the state. “MLB at Field of Dreams” will be held at the site of the movie.
• Will face the NL Central in Interleague Play, including home matchups from 4/17-19 with Cincinnati, 5/5-6 with Pittsburgh and 6/26-28 with the Cubs…will travel to Milwaukee (5/19-21), Pittsburgh (6/16-17) and St. Louis (7/17-19).
• Will play four Subway Series games against the Mets (7/7-8 at Yankee Stadium and 7/28-29 at Citi Field).
• Will play at home on Memorial Day (5/25 vs. Seattle), on the road on July 4 at Toronto and on the road on Labor Day (9/7 at Baltimore).
• Close out the regular season at home, with a seven-game homestand (four games with Houston from 9/21-24 and three games with Tampa Bay from 9/25-27).
— New York Yankees Communications