WARWICK, R.I. (AP) — An East Greenwich man has been convicted of sexually abusing a young boy he knew.
The state attorney general’s office says 54-year-old George Tabora was ordered jailed without bail on Friday after jurors convicted him of second-degree child molestation. His sentencing is planned for late March.
The Providence Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2kEt4Nb ) prosecutors say Tabora molested the boy when he was 7 and 8 years old.
The boy’s mother notified a social services group after suspecting her son was being physically abused. The organization notified the state Department of Children Youth and Families and the boy later told a mental-health counselor he had been molested.
The Associated Press generally doesn’t identify victims of sexual abuse.
Categories: UNB! News New England